LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 12, 2014
- WHAT INFORMATION JACUZZI MAY COLLECT
Jacuzzi may collect any of the following information regarding you:
- Personal Information. Jacuzzi may collect personal information about you. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (i.e. PII). As used herein, PII may include, without limitation, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and any other information that could be used to identify you, your ordering history with Jacuzzi’s products or services, and your shopping preferences. Jacuzzi may also receive PII about your from third parties. For example, dealers may transmit warranty and consumer complaints to Jacuzzi. We may also receive information about you through referral partners. We may also review your comments and posts on our social media sites.
- Technical Information. When you visit a Jacuzzi Website, Jacuzzi may automatically collect technical information such as your browser type, the identity of your internet service provider, your computer’s operating system, the URL of the previous website you visited, and the IP address of the computer you are using. We collect this information in order to present information to you in the correct format and language, as well as to understand the geographical location and referring websites for our visitors. While this information cannot be easily used to identify you, it may be combined with PII you provide to Jacuzzi.
- Cookies and Other Digital Markers. When you visit a Jacuzzi Website, Jacuzzi and advertising management and analytics companies with which Jacuzzi has relationships may send small text files to your computer called “cookies” that identify your browser to Jacuzzi’s server or to advertising networks and analytics companies. Jacuzzi and its advertising management and analytics companies may also use other digital markers such as clear gifs (which are small pixel files) in images in promotional emails and on some pages of a Jacuzzi Website. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies and digital markers, but as part of the functionality within your browser you usually can choose to decline to accept cookies or prevent images containing digital markers in emails from loading if you prefer. If you disable your browser’s ability to collect cookies from Jacuzzi, certain portions of each Jacuzzi Website may not work properly during your visit to that website.
- WHAT JACUZZI MAY DO WITH INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
- How Jacuzzi may use your PII. Jacuzzi may use the PII you provide for any of the following reasons:
- To contact and communicate with you regarding your use of a Jacuzzi Website;
- To respond to your questions;
- To process a request you may make for information or materials;
- To forward your personal information to a local authorized dealer if you request a quote;
- To provide you with promotional information respecting products manufactured and/or distributed by or services offered by Jacuzzi, its affiliates, and/or its partners;
- To assist you with products you have acquired through Jacuzzi and/or to provide you with warranty services respecting such products;
- To contact you for market research purposes, including, without limitation, the potential customization of a Jacuzzi Website according to your interests;
- To improve a Jacuzzi Website, to improve Jacuzzi’s products and services, and to provide the products, services, and customer support you may want;
- For internal record keeping; and
- To compile statistical records and other aggregate data about usage of a Jacuzzi Website in a way that does not personally identify you but that allows Jacuzzi to more effectively facilitate the promotion of its products and services to appropriate target audiences. Jacuzzi may hire third parties to help it collect and analyze such statistical data, and Jacuzzi may share such data with third parties for this purpose.
- How Jacuzzi may use technical information, cookies and digital markers.
Jacuzzi or analytics companies acting on Jacuzzi’s behalf may compile data regarding your usage of a Jacuzzi Website and may analyze traffic log cookies or other digital markers to identify which Jacuzzi Website pages are being visited and which promotional emails are being opened. Such data may help Jacuzzi provide you with a better Jacuzzi Website and more interesting emails by enabling Jacuzzi to monitor which pages and communications you find useful and which you do not. Jacuzzi also participates in interest-based advertising. Jacuzzi’s advertising management companies may use information collected from digital markers to populate an advertisement for Jacuzzi when you visit certain other websites. We prohibit our advertising management and analytics companies from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Jacuzzi except on an aggregate or de-identified basis.
Jacuzzi does not knowingly request, collect, or maintain PII from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old without verified parental consent. Jacuzzi’s intention is to refrain from collecting PII from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) years old, whether through a Jacuzzi Website or otherwise. If Jacuzzi learns of Jacuzzi’s collection of PII from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old without verified parental consent, Jacuzzi will remove this information from the database in which Jacuzzi stores it.
- SECURITY AND APPLICABLE LAWS
Jacuzzi treats collected PII as an asset that must be protected and uses administrative, technical and physical security protocols and tools to safeguard and prevent PII in Jacuzzi’s control from unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction and disclosure. However, third parties may nonetheless unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications concerning PII maintained by Jacuzzi. Although Jacuzzi works hard to protect the privacy of all PII over which Jacuzzi has control, Jacuzzi does not promise, warrant, or guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that any PII you submit to Jacuzzi will always remain private. Your submission, whether direct or indirect, of PII to Jacuzzi is therefore done at your own risk.
Your information is stored in the United States of America and is subject to applicable laws of the USA. Your information may also be transmitted to and also stored with affiliates, service providers and local authorized dealers outside of the USA in order to fulfill the purposes for which your information was collected. Your information will also be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions which may be different from the law where you reside.
- DISCLOSURES TO THIRD PARTIES
- Disclosures To Affiliates, Partners, And Service Providers. In order to fulfill the purposes for which your PII was collected, Jacuzzi may disclose your PII to (a) any Jacuzzi affiliate, (b) any Jacuzzi subsidiary, (c) any third-party authorized dealer of products manufactured and/or distributed by Jacuzzi or by any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary; and (d) any third-party entity allowed to act as an authorized warranty service center for products manufactured and/or distributed by Jacuzzi or by any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary. On behalf of Jacuzzi, these entities may use the PII you provide to Jacuzzi to contact you regarding products and/or services you acquired from Jacuzzi or to discuss products and/or services Jacuzzi or any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary may have to offer you or in which you may be interested. Jacuzzi may also disclose your PII to any service provider that assists Jacuzzi in operating any Jacuzzi Website and in conducting Jacuzzi’s business.
- Other Disclosures Generally Prohibited; Exceptions. Except as stated herein, Jacuzzi does not sell, rent, license, or otherwise permit third parties to access your PII. However, Jacuzzi may share PII (a) to prevent or to respond to an emergency, (b) to protect or enforce the rights of Jacuzzi, of any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary, or of any third party, (c) to comply with any law, rule, court order, or subpoena, (d) to protect the business, property, or operations of Jacuzzi or of any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary, (e) in connection with any sale, acquisition, merger, or other combination of the business of Jacuzzi or of any Jacuzzi affiliate or subsidiary with any third party, and (f) in other circumstances permitted by applicable law.
- Disclosures At Your Request. Jacuzzi may share your PII with third parties to whom you ask Jacuzzi to send your information. Please note that if you request a quote from a local authorized dealer through a Jacuzzi Website, your PII relating to the request will be made available to local dealers who may contact you. The local authorized dealer is responsible for safeguarding your personal information. Please refer your questions regarding the privacy management practices of the local authorized dealer to the dealer who contacts you.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- YOUR CHOICES
You may unsubscribe to Jacuzzi’s promotional communications by using the unsubscribe link provided in our communication.
In addition, Jacuzzi has appointed a privacy officer who is accountable for Jacuzzi’s privacy management practices. If you would like to review your PII as maintained by Jacuzzi, request that your PII be removed from Jacuzzi’s databases, make an inquiry or a complaint, or request a correction to your PII, please contact the privacy officer by one of the following methods:
Mail: Privacy Officer
Attn: Legal Department
Jacuzzi Brands LLC.
13925 City Center Drive, Suite 200
Chino Hills, California
In your inquiry please specify sufficient information such that Jacuzzi is able to identify who you are and locate your PII, including without limitation your name and your email address.
Unsolicited Ideas Policy
Jacuzzi Brands LLC (“Jacuzzi”) or any of its employees does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, suggestions or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Jacuzzi’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Jacuzzi. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Jacuzzi or anyone at Jacuzzi. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still send them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your idea submission.
Terms of Idea Submission
You agree that: (1) your ideas will automatically become the property of Jacuzzi, without any compensation to you, (2) Jacuzzi can use the ideas for any purpose and in any way, even give or sell them to others, and (3) you relinquish any and all rights which you or your representatives, family members, agents, etc. may have, may have had, or ever may have in your idea. Additional terms may be found here.
Jacuzzi does, however, welcome your feedback regarding many areas of Jacuzzi’s existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us using the form found here. Please provide only specific feedback on our existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that our policy will not permit us to accept or consider. It’s just one more way that Jacuzzi can learn how to best satisfy your needs.
Feedback and Information
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Jacuzzi shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.